Friday, September 12, 2014

Status: Employed!

Finally I get to post this post!  My very first post on this blog was about not having a job.  I've been interviewing for jobs since I left my last one, but haven't been able to find the right fit.  I've been working to better my business in the mean time.  The last few weeks I've been working on a quilt (more about that adventure later!) and I've been going through a long interview process with a chainmaille jewelry company.  I got the job!

Part of the appeal of this job is that it will fit perfectly with my business!  The woman who started the company, and still owns and runs it, started it from a spare bedroom in her home, much like what I'm trying to do!  They also support their employees in having their own enterprises.  I'm hoping that I can learn a lot about starting a business from working there, and that it will motivate me further to pursue my own dreams.

I found that it is incredibly difficult to stay motivated.  I started a different project a few weeks ago, quilting, as well as focusing so hard on trying to find a job, I kind of lost sight of my goals.  It's hard to keep to a schedule and it's hard to keep my eyes on the goal.

I'm hoping with a job schedule to keep I'll be able to set a solid schedule outside of work.  In the mean time I'm working on a few new posts that will be published soon!  I've been working on a quilt, a new painting, and some new photos that I have a lot to write about!

More on all that soon!  I only wanted to share my news!

No comments:

Post a Comment