Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My Picks for This Valentines (or Galentines) Day

I've never put a whole lot of stock in Valentine's Day.  I have tended to think of it as a very commercialized, greeting card holiday.  My husband and I don't really celebrate it, we may order Chinese and get a redbox, but that's about as crazy as it gets!  Yet, as I've grown older and hopefully wiser, I see it as a chance to show your significant other that you love them, whether that's getting take-out and a movie, or going on a fancy weekend getaway and exchanging expensive gifts!

Valentines Day can also be a bit difficult on those who are single.  I can't speak for the men out there, but I know many single women have a hard time with it.  Such inventions like Galentines Day are a thing for a reason!  But who says Valentines Day has to be just about couples?  Why not take the opportunity to show a non-romantically loved one that you love them?  Why not take the opportunity to treat yourself?  It has been a hard year for a lot of us after all!

With all that said, please allow me to offer up some suggestions!

Really, any of my jewelry can be a Valentines Day gift, but I want to focus on some of my simpler pieces, designs that say "you don't need big fancy jewelry to be beautiful."  Something simple, elegant, and stunning.  Something that she (or you) will love to wear everyday.

double drop peacock freshwater pearl pendant minimalist black pearl necklace stainless steel
Double Drop Peacock Pearl Pendant 
This first one is an older design of mine, but a really good one.  This pendant has just two 6mm peacock pearls on a stainless steel chain.  I love this one for casual days, it has the ability to be worn with virtually any color, and the dark pearls and steel chain give it a little bit of an edge.  It goes great with jeans!  Find it here!

minimalist peacock oval purple iridescent freshwater pearl pendant necklace stainless steel chain
Peacock Pearl Pendant Necklace
This one is very similar to the first one but with a different look!  It has one 9mm rice, or oval, shaped peacock pearl with a purple tint.  It is on a stainless steel chain, which I love, it not only gives an edgier, more casual look, but it also does not tarnish!  Find it here!

hammered steel wire wrapped pink blue peacock freshwater coin circle pearl necklace dew drop steel pendant
Dew Drop Pearl Pendant Necklace
These pendants are favorites of mine!  They each have a 10mm coin pearl, one is bright pink, one an ocean blue, and one a dark peacock.  They are set in a hammered steel dew drop (or swirl for the pink one) pendant.  These are super casual, it's easy for pearls to look high class, dressy, and sometimes matronly, but not these!  It's kind of my goal to make pearls more wearable and more versatile, and with all the shapes and colors that are being produced now, it's not hard to do!  Find these here!  

silver biwa bar rectangle freshwater pearl pendant necklace sterling silver handmade
Silver Biwa Pearl Pendant Necklace
This is also a favorite of mine!  (I could really say that about most of my pieces!)  It has a single silver pearl, called a biwa pearl.  Biwa pearls are just pearls that have a rectangular shape.  This one is drilled twice, allowing me to attach two loops for the chain rather than one, so the line of the chain mirrors the line of the pearl.  It is on a sterling silver chain.  It's such a sweet, simple necklace, great for the girl who doesn't want anything over-the-top, just one pearl to make her feel graceful and elegant.  Find it here!

sterling silver bubble ring chainmaille silver peacock flat round coin freshwater pearl pendant necklace handmade
Silver Coin Pearl Pendant Necklace with Sterling Silver Hoop
A little more bling on this pendant necklace with the sterling silver hoop surrounding a large, 13mm silver coin pearl.  It also has some smaller silver rings in the chain to give it an asymmetrical look!  I think this piece is successfully both a statement piece and a simple one.  It doesn't have too much going on, but it has just enough to turn your head!  Find it here!

irregular funky white reflective luster coin round flat freshwater pearl pendant gold delicate handmade
Large White Coin Pearl Pendant Necklace
So maybe you or the woman in your life perfers gold!  Gold is fairly new in my designs but fear not, more is yet to come, and if you just love one of the sterling pieces but really have a thing for gold, shoot me a message here, on facebook, or through etsy and we'll talk about a custom order.  Many of my sterling designs can be made in gold!  Gold is certainly not the only thing to look at with this piece!  This 21mm coin pearl might just have the most incredible luster of any pearl I've ever had, and I've had a LOT of pearls!  I'm including this second picture so you can see how the surface reflects the colors of the room so vibrantly!

irregular funky white reflective luster coin round flat freshwater pearl pendant gold delicate handmade
Large White Coin Pearl Pendant Necklace
 I promise I didn't photoshop this!  While it's luster is this pearls (in my opinion) best quality, it also has this funky, irregular shape that makes it completely unique.  No one could mistake this for something mass produced!  Find it here!

spiraling twisting white freshwater pearl pendant necklace sterling silver handmade
Spiraling White Pearl Pendant Necklace
Another old design, but one of my best.  This one is close to my heart!  It, and the more elaborate necklace that inspired this simpler version are a few of the very first 'Meredith originals.'  I got started with designing a few years ago while working in a pearl jewelry shop.  I mostly made variations of my bosses work but I was learning basic design principals and how to string and wire wrap.  When I decided to start designing on my own, I actually bought the wrong size wire, and too-small pearls.  The result of trying to make something with them was this.  It has been my best seller ever since.  The pendant version is simple, and stunningly unique at the same time.  I can honestly say I've never seen anything else like it.  Find it here!

spiraling twisting white freshwater pearl pendant necklace sterling silver handmade peacock pink
Spiraling Peacock and Pink Pearl Pendant Necklace
I've even made it in different colors after finding those too-small pearls in peacock, pink, and mauve.  This one is a large pink pearl with tiny peacock pearls wrapped around it.  Not all my color variations can be found on etsy, if you're interested, message me and I'll list the color of your choice.  

chocolate brown potato round freshwater pearl necklace with rose pink agate crystal on gold oval chain handmade
Chocolate Brown Pearl and Rose Agate Necklace in Gold
I've made the focus of this post simpler pendant necklaces, but I can't help but show you this one.  It's another favorite, and I'm including it because of it's simplicity.  It has a wonderfully sweet look, with these 7mm chocolate brown pearls that have a slight pink tint that is picked up by the pink agate.  The agate fits so perfectly in size with the oval links of the chain.  Whenever I have worn this piece, I feel effortlessly beautiful.  I love pieces that look effortless, the ones that draw attention to the wearer, not the piece itself, and I think this one does it perfectly!  Find it here!

Those are my picks for this Valentines Day!  I recognize that every girl has her own style and her own aesthetic, maybe simple isn't what you're looking for, maybe you love earrings or bracelets.  I have many bracelets and earrings available, and many more designs that are both simple and more elaborate.  Take a look around my shop: La Petite Pearls, and see if you can't find something  to make you, or your loved one (romantic or otherwise!) will feel loved!

Happy Valentines (or Galentines) Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment