Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Macro Lenses!

A few weeks ago I ordered some new filters for my camera, I found a deal where I could get a set of macro lenses along with them for only a few dollars more!  I got them out today to play around with them.  I pretty happy with them!



Here is a sneak peak of the paintings I'm working on right now, this one is the third in a set I'm doing.  Obviously it isn't finished yet, but you get the idea!  I really love the way the top of this wing is coming along, the way the feathers fan out.





These last two I took with a few of the lenses stacked, they are not full lenses, they are like filters that screw onto the end of a lens, so you can stack them.  I discovered that when you do this, the lens bends the light so severely that it distorts the image.   Aside from the blurred effect around the edges of the image, you can clearly see it on the second image, in the top left corner, the light comes off the end of the bristles and bends towards the edge of the image.  It's a neat effect, although I'm not sure I'll be using it very much, I like the images above a lot more!



Bonus, this is my cat:


Her name is Aria!


No comments:

Post a Comment