Thursday, June 26, 2014

Paint is Pleasing

I love paint!  I would not have gone to school for 4 years and spent countless hours in a studio if I didn't!  I'm not really sure what it is about paint that makes it so wonderful to me.  I had a professor in collage who referred to paint as being 'buttery.'  When you're mixing paint on a pallet with a knife, it feels like perfectly soft butter.



 But that's not really what makes it so very pleasing to me, yes, there is something beautiful in that buttery mess on the pallet, getting to see many colors mesh together so fluidly, but that's just a part of it.  There is something amazing in being able to create an image that is entirely your own.  Seeing a picture of a seagull on my computer and being able to see each and every color, that purple shadow, or orange highlight, then being able to take my buttery mess and paint all those colors so that others can see what I see.  Paint is pleasing, it lets me create the world as I see it.



Paint is pleasing, it lets me create the world as I see it, color never ceases to amaze me, how it can be so subtle, yet so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment