Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Kentucky Music Weekend!

I am officially going to be a part of the Kentucky Music Weekend's Arts and Crafts at Iroquois!  (It's a good thing too, because I bought my non-refundable bus ticket for this like a month ago!)

For those of who have never heard of this, the Kentucky Music Weekend is a music festival at Iroquois Park in Louisville, Kentucky.  It's bluegrass and folk music, which despite how annoyed some former co-workers have gotten over it, is my favorite kind of music!  There are so many amazing musicians that the world is missing out on because they can't enjoy the twang of a banjo!  I love it!  My dad is a musician and songwriter, he plays a number of different instruments, primarily guitar but also the banjo, mandolin, 2 kinds of dulcimers, and piano, and probably some others that I'm forgetting.  I spent quite a bit of my time as a kid in my parents basement with my dad listening to him play and trying to copy him.  Of course, he taught me all the basics, I know how to read music and can play (not well) the guitar.  I guess folk and bluegrass remind me of home, but more than that, I truly love the sound!

Last July I went to my first arts and crafts fair at this festival, and I'm going back again!  In case you missed last year, here's what I did:











The displays, are all thanks to my awesome dad!  He made just about everything!  My mom, who is in a few of these pictures, pretty much hung out with me the whole weekend, going on food runs, keeping me company, and of course being a constant source of encouragement!  

This year, on July 26th and 27th I'll be doing it again, this time I'll be bringing some of my paintings, drawings and photos!  Oh yeah, and new business cards!  (You can come get one of these for free!)



For more information about the festival, check out their website: http://www.kentuckymusicweekend.com/
and of course come check out the awesome art and other crafts!  We will be located at Iroquois Park near the amphitheater!  

No comments:

Post a Comment